- The vegan diet is rich in nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants. Because it consists of grains, nuts, seeds, beans, vegetables, and fruits. In a vegan diet, animal products such as meat and milk products are eliminated. So it is low in saturated fats.
- A vegan diet helps to lose weight or to improve your physical fitness. Some studies have shown that vegans have low BMI than non-vegans. It is because it reduces your calorie intake.
- Vegans have a low risk of type 2 diabetes and kidney disorders. It is so because a vegan diet contains whole grains which are rich in fiber and low in refined sugar.
- One who follows a vegan diet has a low risk of prostate, breast, and colon cancer due to the rich amount of antioxidants in their diet.
- Those who include fruits, vegetables, legumes, and fiber in their diet have a low risk of heart disease. This is because a vegan diet maintains blood sugar levels, Low-density lipoprotein, and cholesterol in your body. As result, it improves the plasma lipid profile of your body and decreases the risk of stroke, atherosclerosis, and metabolic syndrome.
- Vegan diet helps you in boosting your mood as it has a detoxing effect that makes you feel easy and free.
- Vegan diet helps you in getting healthy glowing skin. As it contains more vegetables and fruits so it has antioxidant effects on your body.
This Post Has One Comment
I’ve really been wondering why people choose to be vegan. Now, I read here that they actually have a lower risk of getting diabetes and other kidney diseases because their diet is rich in fiber and low in sugar. I might try this kind of diet and look up some 5-ingredient recipes I can incorporate in my cooking.